MELTRIC’s DECONTACTOR™ Series switch-rated plugs and receptacles combine the safety and functionality of a disconnect switch with the convenience of a plug and receptacle. Their exclusive design allows users to safely make and break connections under full load and provide significant protection in overload and short circuit conditions.
Their dead-front construction and enclosed arc chambers ensure that the load is safely disconnected, and that all live parts are isolated and inaccessible before the plug can be removed. The UL & CSA Approved Decontactor design guarantees that users are protected from exposure to live parts and potential arc flash at all times while making and breaking connections.
Using Decontactor devices to connect motors and other equipment helps improve your bottom line by reducing equipment, installation, and operating costs:
- Improved safety reduces accidents, injuries and related costs.
- Faster change-outs reduce lost production during downtime.
- Plug & play simplicity improves maintenance personnel utilization by allowing electrical work to be performed more quickly and conveniently back at the electrical shop.
- Switch-ratings and short circuit ratings eliminate the need for expensive and space-consuming interlocks and auxiliary disconnects.
- Numerous configurations and mounting options help simplify the location and installation of ‘line of sight’ disconnects.
Meltric product features include spring-loaded butt contacts, silver-nickel contact material, dead-front construction, Push-Button Circuit Disconnection, Enclosed Arc Chambers and Spring-Assisted Terminals.
MELTRIC DS and DSN Switch-Rated plugs and receptacles, achieve rated watertightness of up to NEMA Type 4X simply by mating the plug with the receptacle. After the removal of the plug, rated watertightness is maintained for the receptacle by simply closing the lid.
For more information on the Meltric Decontactor product line, contact your Flolo Sales representative or call 630-595-1010 today.